Renewing the mind
Your body responds to the way you think, feel and act. The key to enjoying optimal health is “feeling good from the inside out”. The importance of mental wellness to physical wellness is well documented. Having good emotional health means you are aware of your thoughts, feelings and actions. It is one of the life skills that make you able to deal with stress and problems. You will feel good about yourself and have healthy relationships. Poor emotional health weakens the body’s immune system and makes you more susceptible to infections and a worsening in chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, respiratory illnesses, cancers and auto-immune diseases.
Persons who are a member of a support group/system have a better quality of life, tend to live longer and are encouraged to have a positive mental attitude.
Positive Mental Attitude
Making the choice to be optimistic in all types of situations which occur in and around us is what is referred to as a positive mental attitude. In fact
Cultivate a positive mental attitude takes practice
- Commit to think positive. Assess every situation and try to find something positive about it.
- Let go of the memories of pain and hurt and try to find life’s lesson that the experience taught you. Be resolved to learn from this and move on.
- Practice an attitude of gratitude. Reflect on the day’s happenings each night and find the positive experiences for which you can truly be grateful.
- Embrace bad experiences as a part of life’s lesson which teach you to make better choices.
- Spend time around persons who are inspiring, and optimistic.
- Spend your time to improve your knowledge and skills. Invest in self-improvement books and CDs,
- Manage your time and how you spend your energy. Prioritize appointments and activities each day. This practice of organizing your day gives you more control.
- Engage in a physical activity that you can do for at least 15 minutes a day. A few examples are walking, jogging, yoga, tai chi, aerobics and swimming. Physical exercise boosts has physical and mental health benefits.
- Practice mindfulness which is focusing only on what you are doing to gain the maximum benefits. Multitasking has been blamed for many errors and accidents.
- Practice a random act of kindness daily or as often as you can.
Health, wealth outstanding performances and living optimally all begin in the mind. Feed and nourish the mind to reveal who you are, what is your true purpose and the special gifts you have been endowed with to realize your dreams. Unleashing the power within once you allow your mind to grow and expand.